Wouldn't it be wonderful if all cities were like Miltyon Keynes. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Milton Keynes were a city.

2022 will be a year long celebration of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth taking the throne seventy years ago on 6th February 1952. When it was time for her coronation in June 1953 I was there waving my flag along the route of the procession.

Part of this palatium celebration will be to award a city charter to a local authority at present with a borough status. Among them is Milton Keynes from where a formal application I believe has been made.

By the end of 2022 I will have established myself as the most prolific writer of e-books on Amazon but at this point in time I believe I am already the most prolific writer of words celebrating Milton Keynes from its birth as an idea in 1967 to the present day, indeed way back before 1967 to the earliest days of time. I believe Milton Keynes deserves city status but if we the citizens of Milton Keynes leave it up to the council and its political member there is more chance of a sparrow flying to the moon !

If Milton Keynes is to be a city then it has to be those of us who live here and love our home to make it happen. I would like to use the writing I have done across forty years to spark a dream of city status, a dream we can together make true.

Forget the home of the codebreakers, there is far more to Bletchley Park than an museum. Bletchley Park goes back to The Doomsday Book and until recently becoming a museum it was at the heart of its community. History is bunk !  So said Henry Ford and so it is. History is stuffy, boring and rightly belongs in a museum. Heritage is what counts. HERITAGE.

It was in the early 1990’s when I was a senior member of staff at Leon School I launched a project with my students to trace the Leon Family, formerly of Bletchley Park, and from where our school took its name. We reunited the Leon Family and Sir John Leon 4th Baronet of Bletchley Park with his ancestral home. I published our work in a book IN SEARCH OF THE LEONS. Sir John Leon wrote the foreword to the book.

Years out of print I worked with a number of my former students to add updates then republished the book IN SEARCH OF THE LEONS as an e-book on 1st January 2021. Forget Bletchley The Home Of The Codebreakers – THIS is the definitive account of Bletchley Park !

Also in the 1990’s I wrote a series of articles for our local newspaper and indeed for some

national publications about the then adolescent New City of Milton Keynes. These were brought together and published under the title NOT THECONCRETE COWS. It was meant to show there was more to the new city than the infamous concrete cows about which BBC presenter Noel Edmunds was always making jokes. Cleverly the publishers put a negative image of the cows on the cover.

That book was very popular in Milton Keynes at the time of its publication but again has been out of print for decades. I re-published it on Amazon both in e-book and paperback on 5th September 2020. NOT THE CONCRETE COWS.

For many years I wanted to write a sequel. This I achieved with MILTON DREAMS THECITY THAT NEVER WAS published by Amazon in paperback and e-book formats on 5th September 2020.

Within this I try to spark a dream that Milton Keynes will one day become a city. Could we make that dream come true next year ? I then want to write a third book MILTON KEYNES THE CITY THAT TRULY IS. When I write this I want to be a fly-on-the-wall among many areas of our community, areas which will be at the heart of our city.

My writing does not stop there !  MILTONKEYNES A DISCO FOR A NEW CITY published on 31st January 2021. This is designed to be read as an e-book with the reader dipping into YouTube to play music associated with our new city.

In a different tone there is DOWN AND OUT IN MILTON DREAMS THE BOOK THAT NEVER

WAS published by Amazon on 23rd February 2021 telling the sad story of those who Milton Keynes simply does not care about.

I care. And I care for Milton Keynes. I came to live here in 1971 and have grown with the city. I so much want the charter I believe we deserve to be granted but it is no use waiting for politicians and Milton Keynes Council to achieve the dream. It has to be we the people who do it.

Do you love Milton Keynes ? CAN I SPARK FOR YOU A DREAM ?

Wouldn't it be wonderful if all cities were like Miltyon Keynes. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Milton Keynes were a city.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOCATIONS, LEGENDS, ICONS, HISTORY AND HERITAGE

Today's edition of Dave's Diary - The diary nobody reads