Today's edition of Dave's Diary - The diary nobody reads

DAY TWENTY-SEVEN: Wednesday 27th January 2021:

Are we facing global annihilation ?  Is humanity on the verge of extinction ?  It could be.

This pandemic is a bigger threat than any war man has fought against man. We have had two so called world wars but for neither was the whole world at war. If there had been a nuclear war not every square inch of the planet would have been in danger as we now are.

Did you know that scientists in Russia are preparing for the virus to mutate into the animal population.

Everything is far, far, far more serious than people believe it to be. The facts are just starting to emerge, some of the facts but not all of the truth, about what happened in China. Never in history has one nation done what China has done.

Now we have the evil dictatorship of the European Union meddling dangerously with vaccination supplies and movement.

Did you watch the Downing Street Briefing yesterday ?  What was it all about ? Why are we not locking down tighter to protect our people ?  Why are idiots complaining about needing to go abroad for holidays ? We did not get the new figures for infection and deaths yesterday.  All we got was news that the total death rate we have been given day in day out was false !

How many have died as of the time I am typing these words ? At the start of the pandemic it was suggested that the death rate could go as high as 20,000. How many in the UK have died so far ? All we are being told is that it is in excess of 100,000 !  WAY in excess. Boris Johnson tried to apologise in his briefing yesterday but no apology can ever undo his government’s failing. At the briefing the question was asked what was the likely death figure before we come out of the pandemic. Nobody would answer.

I would suggest that 250,000 may be an underestimation. Every death short of quarter of a million would be a miracle. Every death from where we are right now up to a quarter of a million is sadness and grief now words can possibly explain.

A Google search says that so far worldwide 2.16 MILLION have died. Is that right ? I rather think it has to be higher.

I saw a post on Facebook this morning saying it was not the virus killing people but people killing people by spreading the virus.  There is some truth there but is it now too late ? We have a little too late government. I see a pontificating vicar, the archbishop of canterbury has noticed what is happening so will be pontificating to the media later today.

PHEW ! Four hundred and sixty-eight words of doom and gloom ! Are we really facing the end of the world ?  The end of humanity ?  If failure continues at its present rate it cannot be ignored. Do you trust Boris Johnson and his too little too late government ? I DON’T. Can you trust any government ?  America ?  DON’T BE SILLY !  The EU ? TRUST A DICTATORSHIP ?

Now I am going to TOTALLY change the subject. I went first thing this morning to Morrissons to check up on hour homeless rough-sleeping friend. I gave him twenty of our SMILE cards and asked him if he would hand them out to passers-by. He beamed and said:  I know this card, I’ve seen it before. There is evidence that our little group IS spreading SMILES each day.

So what about today’s SMILE OF THE DAY ?  ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT NO MATTER HOW USELESS YOU FEEL YOU’RE SOMEONE’S REASON TO SMILE.

True ?  Am I being ambitious if I say we could save humanity by helping all of humanity to SMILE its way through this pandemic ?  No harm in trying.

A SMILE IS THE VACCINATION FOR SADNESS. How many people will you vaccinate today ?

Later today I am going to print and laminate a few hundred more SMILE cards.

What about my writing yesterday ? 4,853 words bringing January’s total so far to 231,573 words.  I thought I had hit a higher number than that but apparently not. THREE projects and I am racing my way through them and enjoying penning every word.

MILTON KEYNES A DISCO FOR A NEW CITY: I am not into history, Henry Ford said it was bunk. I am not into history but I AM into heritage. This on-line disco which I am writing for people to play on their phones and tablets has thus far played nine tracks, track number nine is GROOVY KIND OF LOVE BY WAYNE FONTANA AND THE MIND BENDERS.  You know what groovy means don’t you ? Don’t bother Googling it or asking Wikipedia, I will tell you ? Groovy means: happy, it means special, it is a synonym for love and for friendship, it means everything that is groovy.

I think the disco will end up around 75 tracks.

BEHIND THE NOOSE: I finished the chapter on Ruth Ellis yesterday. Today I will be writing about James Hanratty. He was executed in April 1962 at Bedford Prison. I remember the media reports of the time and will be sharing them as I write the chapter.

THE SECRET DIARY OF AN OLD MAN AGED THIRTEEN AND THREE QUARTERS: This story really is exciting me. Yesterday my tine travelling pillow took me to a typical school assembly when I was thirteen and three quarters. Today it will take this juvenile teenager to meet one of the people whose names appeared on the roll of honour in the school assembly hall. As that chapter ends I will have in my change from a shopping trip an 1899 Queen Victoria penny. They were in common circulation in the summer of 1964.  1899 my grandfather, the grandfather I never knew, was nine years old. This thirteen and three quarters kid will be asked to babysit for my nine year old granddad !  I really am having fun with this story.

How many words will I write ?  What I promise to do will be to beat yesterday’s 4,853 total.

So what was happening ON THIS DAY ?

27th January 1967: Apollo astronauts Gus Grissom, Ed White and Roger Chaffee were killed in a fire during a test of their Apollo One spacecraft.

27th January 1973: The Paris Peace Accord officially ended the Vietnam War.

As it is every day, a great long list from Wikipedia of those who were born on this day and again I do not recognise a single name.

27th January 2014 Pete Seeger, the singer born in 1919 died.

In fifty years time what will a search on Wikipedia say about today – Wednesday 27th January 2021 ?  As well as recording the tragic loss of life let us hope that it will record today as a beautiful day of love and SMILES. Let us SMILE and LOVE our way against the potential annihilation of mankind and be certain the world is here for Wikipedia to report on.

ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT NO MATTER HOW USELESS YOU FEEL YOU’RE SOMEONE’S REASON TO SMILE.

And with that I will end using my usual cliché

Speak again tomorrow.

Dave



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOCATIONS, LEGENDS, ICONS, HISTORY AND HERITAGE

Do you need a hug ? Right now I do !