This is NOT about lovibg our NHS - It is all about the NHS loving us.

 

Here on my daily blog page I have been sharing books I wrote and published last year – for 2020 t hi is book number FIVE. During the pandemic we have all been encouraged to support our NHS – GREAT but I have so say I found this a little bit frustrating. I have loved and supported our NHS for decade. This book is not about my loving the NHS but the NHS loving my family.

Book Number: Five

Title: OurRebekah A Love Story From Our NHS

Date of Publication: Wednesday 13th May 2020

Genre: Autobiography

Word Total: 64,262

Star Rating: **** (In my humble and arrogant opinion that is !)

This book is special but it  is also a disappointment. For coming up to four decades I was a loud vocal supporter of our National Health Service, I never missed an opportunity to shout my mouth off as loud as I could saying our NHS does not treat patients, it cares for them. With the pandemic my attitude has changed. I will always celebrate the front-line staff but behind the scenes, administration and in particular the GP service is, to my way of thinking, no longer stepping up to the mark !

My daughter was born on 20th February 1983. Within a very short time of her joining us it became very clear that something was not right. She was born with chronic renal failure. This book is not so much her story but the loving story of the NHS caring for her. Rebekah left us on 19th May 2017, this book was published for the third anniversary of her passing.

Every word in the 64,262 text tells of the love our NHS gave to Rebekah and t o our family. However, in writing the book I contacted the hospitals, the clinics, the doctors and all staff who had surrounded her life in such a thick coat of love asking for contributions I could write into the text. Not a single reply was received.


That was so hurtful.

When the book was published the media was calling on everyone to support and celebrate our NHS. I believe this story was by a very long way the biggest story at that time. However, the media with its own pre-set agenda was not interested. That also was so hurtful.

So it was very much a case of a book that came and went. Sad.

How much fun did I have writing this story ?  It was not an easy thing to do writing the story, it came from my heart. I am pleased I wrote it but sad it  did not receive better support.

I am sad that the media did not support my love but then the media has its own agenda doesn’t it, an agenda which seldom uses love beyond itself and making money.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOCATIONS, LEGENDS, ICONS, HISTORY AND HERITAGE

Wouldn't it be wonderful if all cities were like Miltyon Keynes. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Milton Keynes were a city.

Time to remember