FIFTY is a RUBBISH number

DAY SEVENTY-ONE: Friday 11th March  2021:

FIFTY is a RUBBISH number as I am about to demonstrate. Fifty will become a bit of a central theme to today’s diary page.  I am, of course, writing this page to be part of my time capsule which I will seal on Friday 31st December 2021 to be opened on Wednesday 1st January 2121.

20th February I wrote a poem. It was meant to be a one off but this morning I penned my 50th poem. Rubbish number fifty, my poems are all rubbish as you can see here from number fifty.

 

GREEN

 Green is a beautiful colour,

it is the colour chosen by our world for its own.

It is the colour of the leaves that decorate the trees,

as those leaves spring out each year.

It is the colour of grass in our meadows,

and home to the rainbow of flowers.

Yet green you will not find in any rainbow,

it is a blending of yellow and of blue.

Yellow from the smile of the sunshine,

Blue from the surrounding sky.

Green is the colour of love for our planet,

which nature has chosen to use.

It is the colour respected by all who live within nature,

but a colour disrespected and abused by man.

POST SCRIPT:

In the lexicon of man green means

naive, lacking in knowledge and understanding.

That is why a political party has chosen it for its

own purposes where reality, care and love are totally excluded.

Those fifty poems will later today be submitted to Amazon for publication in an e-book DAVE’S POETRY.

SMILE OF THE DAY: You only live once ….. so choose to be happy. Love unconditionally. Be good to yourself. Always be grateful. SMILE more.

That SMILE OF THE DAY number seventy-one. As from Monday we are changing our SMILES, instead of sending quiz sheets and SMILE card I am printing out hundreds of copies of SMILE OF THE DAY then each week these will be sent to;

DREAMSAI MK to include in its food parcels distributed each week to vulnerable people.

HOSPITAL OF THE WEEK this week we will have two hospitals: Bristol Childrens Hospital and West Suffolk Hospital

FLOWERS HOUSE for residents and care staff

MILTON KEYNES COMMUNITY POLICE

OAKGROVE SCHOOL for students and staff

You only live once ….. so choose to be happy. Love unconditionally. Be good to yourself. Always be grateful. SMILE more.

I have not really added up the costs: card, laminate, printing ink, envelopes postage. I will cover these costs myself

Tomorrow I am meeting with a friend from the lunch of love which was forced to close with the coming of the pandemic. We are going to talk about how he can write and publish his autobiography and how we can widen our SMILES.

No matter what I promise to fund things myself but I could do with a bit of help. ALL the money from the sales of my Amazon books help our SMILES. Try as I have to get people to help me not a lot happens.

Rubbish Fifty. I am sure tomorrow when we meet my former rough- sleeping friend talk what we decide will cost FIFTY pounds. I make about 30p in royalties from an e-book. If I could sell FIFTY books a day that would earn £105 a week. Sod fifty just how many SMILES could we spread with that ?

My 2021 writing challenge is to pen one million words and to publish these within 24 e-books. As of yesterday I have written 426,395 words in the following e-books. For each I have given my own star rating.

All by the way are available to download as e-books at 77p each.

·       THE RETRO EIGHTIES ***

·       L’ESCARGOT ALBERT ***

·       ALIENS IN TIME **

·       IN SEARCH OF THE LEONS *****

·       JUKEBOX JURY *****

·       MILTON KEYNES A DISCO FOR A NEW CITY *****

·       BY THE PRICKING OF MY THUMBS – THE DIARY OF A SERIAL KILLER **

·       BEHIND THE NOOSE OR NOT *****

·       THE SECRET DIARY OF AN OLD MAN AGED THIRTEEN AND THREE QUARTERS **

·       DOWN AND OUT IN MILTON DREAMS *****

·       POETS CORNER – VOLUME ONE ****

·       A STAIRCASE OF WORDS **

·       THIS HOUSE BELIEVES **

·       IF MUSIC BE THE FOOD OF LOVE PLAY NON *****

·       DAVE’S DIARY – JANUARY EDITION *
DAVE’S DIARY – FEBRUARY EDITION *

·       DAVE’S POETRY ***

I watched a fantastic TV programme yesterday about Beatrix Potter, she used her wealth from writing to buy land which she gave to The National Trust. My SMILES are a metaphorical national trust so will anyone help me by downloading my e-books.

I have put THE FIRES OF HELL back onto the back burner, writing DESTINY’S SERVANT was so exciting for me yesterday I had said this was going to be a long-term projects but I think it will demand so much attention every day it may well be published before the end of the month. Yesterday I wrote 1,019 words bringing everything to a total right now of 5,296 words. Twenty thousand and so on would be a short story, sixty thousand would be a full length novel. How long this will be I can not even guess. My ancestor the writer Daisy Ashford wrote novelettes, perhaps she influences me.

China Virus. Yesterday another five thousand, nine hundred and twenty-six new cases and one hundred and ninety deaths. Locally twenty-one new cases and on deaths. I say it every day but I am so upset by the failure of society to show love to those who are grieving.

I’v shared with you poem fifty in my rubbish collection.  Here is number forty-nine:

 

NATURAL SELECTION

 Mr Darwin your theory of natural selection…..

What you say, of course, is quite right,

but would it not be better if

Nature started all over again ?

This time love, care and understanding,

instead of whatever it is we now have.

Would this world then not be a better place ?

Without Man at the head of evolution but

with care, love and understanding

Man would have joined the dinosaur

Extinction being his just reward.

But sadly evolution in its plan for natural selection,

ignored love, care and understanding.

Mr Darwin would you not agree ?

And here’s a bit of rubbish fun for number forty-eight !

AN URBAN MYTH (OR FIVE)

 Drink a pint of milk a day.

Yuk !

Go to work on an egg.

No thank you, I’d rather take the ‘bus.

Fish gives you brains.

I already have enough thank you very much !

Carrots help you see in the dark.

I go to sleep when it’s dark silly !

Eat the crusts on you bread

and your hair will curl.

Please can I have some hair with which to curl ?

A Mars a day helps you work, rest and play.

OK now we’re talking !

 

I spoke earlier about Beatrix Potter and what she did for The National Trust, it was at Stowe National Trust I wrote about the snowdrop. 9.12am and I am going to have to pause with this entry as I am again now going to Stowe. Be patient, I will return.

I have returned ! 1.06pmm a beautiful morning. It was cold but it did not rain as the weather forecast said it would but then it was issued by The BBC so what do you expect ! ? !

ON THIS DAY:

12th March 1968: Mauritius achieved independence from the United Kingdom.

12th March 1989: Sir Tim Berners Lee submits a proposal for an information management system which subsequently develops into the world wide web.

12th March 1993: North Korea announces that it will withdraw from the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons and refuses to allow inspectors access to its nuclear sites.

And with that I am going to work on publishing Dave’s RUBBISH poems.

Speak again tomorrow.

Dave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOCATIONS, LEGENDS, ICONS, HISTORY AND HERITAGE

Wouldn't it be wonderful if all cities were like Miltyon Keynes. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Milton Keynes were a city.

Today's edition of Dave's Diary - The diary nobody reads