EAT OUT TO HELP OUT. Help who ? Help who do what

 

DAY FIFTY-THREE:  Monday 22nd February 2021:

EAT OUT TO HELP OUT.  Help who ?  Help who do what ?  When this was government policy last summer evidence now shows it helped spread the china virus.

With the government saying there will be an announcement this evening explaining how restrictions will be eased. The announcement will be this evening but now first thing in the morning the media is speculating and the sad little people will be calling for pubs to open and every other virus spreading opportunity to throw open their doors.

I dread what pathetic posts will appear today on facebook and god help us what will appear tomorrow.

Yesterday 313 more people died, 2 locally where I live. Nationally there were 9,834 new cases with 46 where I live.  YES, the figures are coming down and we can praise the way the vaccine programme has been rolled out, it is something out nation can be proud of, but every person who demands a pub opens, every person who needs a nail bar or beauty salon is trashing the vaccination campaign and asking for figures to rise again.

So when can pubs open ?  When there have been zero deaths for a period of thirty days. When can nail bars and beauty salons be opened ?  NEVER.

SMILE OF THE DAY: The love in your heart was not put there to stay; Love isn’t love ‘til you give it away.

Yesterday my writing hit 7,653 words bringing my total to 382,957 words since 1st January. I have three projects on the go and eagerly look forward to bringing each to an end.

Editing my POETS CORNER to navigate difficulties within Amazon’s automated review system into three separate volumes, I have the first two complete in draft format. I am about to start work on volume three but this is not priority. Today I would very much like to finish DOWN AND OUT IN MILTON DREAMS A BOOK THAT NEVER WAS but that may be a bit of an ambitious target. We’ll see. A STAIRCASE OF WORDS will be easy to finish as the steps are all in place.

On 1st March, one week today, this February edition of DAVE’S DIARY will be published. So there are six titles there which I hope will appear on Amazon meaning I will have published 16 books in the first two months of the year. I need just another eight in order to pass that part of my world record attempt. One million words, right now I am on target to hit half a million by Wednesday 17th March. The world record attempt demands one million words, I think two million should be the target.

On the day I hit half a million I want to start getting my challenge out into the media. I think I know how I will do that but it’s under wraps until I hit the half million.

There’s 490 words I have just written there towards my target.

Here are some words I am going to include today as I write DOWN AND OUT IN MILTON DREAMS:

Have you seen the old man in the closed down market
Kicking up the papers with his worn out shoes ?
In his eyes you see no pride, hand held loosely by his side
Yesterday's paper telling yesterday's news

So how can you tell me you're lonely
And say for you that the sun doesn't shine ?
Oh, let me take you by the hand and lead you through the streets of London
I'll show you something to make you change your mind

Have you seen the old girl who walks the streets of London ?
Dirt in her hair and her clothes in rags?
She's no time for talkin', she keeps right on walkin'
Carrying her home in two carrier bags

So how can you tell me you're lonely
And say for you that the sun doesn't shine ?
Oh, let me take you by the hand and lead you through the streets of London
I'll show you something to make you change your mind

In the all night café at a quarter past eleven
Same old man sitting there on his own
Looking at the world over the rim of his teacup
Each tea lasts an hour then he wanders home alone
So how can you tell me you're lonely
And say for you that the sun doesn't shine ?
Oh, let me take you by the hand and lead you through the streets of London
I'll show you something to make you change your mind

Have you seen the old man outside the seaman's mission ?
Memory fading with the medal ribbons that he wears ?
In our winter city the rain cries a little pity
For one more forgotten hero and a world that doesn't care

Oh, how can you tell me you're lonely
And say for you that the sun doesn't shine ?
Oh, let me take you by the hand and lead you through the streets of London
I'll show you something to make you change your mind

 

I am also going to include these powerful words:

Show me a prison, show me a jail
Show me a prisoner whose face has gone pale
And I'll show you a young man with many reasons why
And there but for fortune, may go you or I

Show me the alley, show me the train
Show me a hobo who sleeps out in the rain
And I'll show you a young man with many reasons why
And there but for fortune, may go you or go I

Show me the whiskey stains on the floor
Show me the dunken man as he stumbles out the door
And I'll show you a young man with many reasons why
And there but for fortune, may go you or go I

Show me the country where bombs had to fall
Show me the ruins of buildings once so tall
And I'll show you a young land with so many reasons why
And there but for fortune, may go you or I, or I

 

Thank You Wikipedia for helping me to find those words. Help me now find out what was happening on this day – 22nd February:

22nd February 1960: The patent for a laser was granted. AS KIDS A RAY GUN WAS SCIENCE FICTION.

22nd February 1972: The United States Congress send the Equal Rights Amendment to the senate for ratification. WHEN DOES THE US INTEND TO IMPLIMENT CIVIL RIGHTS ?

22nd February 1992: The fall of communism in Albania.

22nd February 2017: A terrorist attack near the Houses of Parliament in London leaves four people dead and twenty injured.

22nd February 2020: Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi announces the country’s largest ever self-imposed curfew in an effort to fight the spread of china virus.

I have been through Wikipedia’s list of people born on this day, as usual a very long list and as usual nobody there I have ever heard of !

22nd February 2001: William Hanna, born 1910, co-founder of Hanna-Barbera cartoons died.

So what will have happened on this day tomorrow ?

 

You’ll have to wait and see.

Speak again tomorrow

Dave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't it be wonderful if all cities were like Miltyon Keynes. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Milton Keynes were a city.

Today's edition of Dave's Diary - The diary nobody reads

Do you need a hug ? Right now I do !