They think it's all over ! Football YES but not the music !

They think it’s all over

IT IS NOW

England 2 – Italy 3

Football is a reflection of society

Britain 2020’s

England 2 – Italy 3

Not quite good enough   BUT   England 4 – West Germany 2  The Swinging Sixties

that’s the way to do it.  They think it’s all over !  Thank goodness for that.

After all the hype and money England failed to win a game of football. AGAIN !


Some of us are old enough to remember The Swinging Sixties – what an incredible decade that was. My teenage years.

It is said that if you can remember the 1960's you were not there. That doesn't make sense does it ? I was there, I was nine years old on 1st January 1960. Join me as I swing through the most iconic decade in history and you will understand the truth behind those opening words.

Swing with me and check out my memories of THE SWINGING SIXTIES. Published on 24th September 2020 that will cost you the vast sum of 77p to download.

AND REMEMBER – SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR MONEY REFUNDED

I wrote that as a bit of one off fun. But I enjoyed so much writing it that I dipped back to the 1950’s to write YOU NEVER GROW OLD WITH ROCK AND ROLL. Published on 10th October 2020 I told of my childhood growing up in the decade.

You never grow old with rock and roll ? I liken it to a baby acorn of music planted into the ground in the early 1950's, that acorn has now grown into a giant oak tree of fantastic music. I was born in 1950 and watched the acorn being planted. Join me now as I Rock and Roll through my 1950's kiddy-kid memories. Come and watch with me as our little acorn grows.


I was doing some writing for a radio station in the 1990’s when talking with the stations programme controller I kept talking about the music of the 1960’s he said to me that in time it will be realised that the music of the 1970’s was actually better. He was right.



LIFE IS A DISCO SO DANCE – the story of the 1970’s was published on 31st October 2020

Allow me to share my memories, some world events and the music of the disco seventies. Are you old enough to remember the 1970's ? Check out my memories and place them alongside your own. If you are not then close your eyes and imagine you were around when all the best bands were playing.

Musically the three best decades of popular music there has ever been and like England failing to emulate 1966 and the World Cup Final we will never hear music again of this quality.

I did, however, top things off with one more decade THE RETO EIGHTIES That was published on 31st December 2020.

So, having written my memories and danced through all that was happening in the Rock And Roll Fifties, the Swinging Sixties and the Disco Seventies allow me to now bring you the 1980's. In my opinion this was the most important decade of modern times. HMS Great Britain was heading towards an iceberg which would make that which sank the Titanic look like a small and insignificant icicle. Against all odds Britain's first woman prime minster steered our country to safety. As safety which influenced the entire world. Read on and see what I mean.


SATISFACTION GUARANTEED OR MONEY REUNDED - You can't say the same for England's football.

They think it’s all over

IT IS NOW

England 2 – Italy 3

Football is a reflection of society

Britain 2020’s

England 2 – Italy 3

Not quite good enough

BUT

England 4 – West Germany 2

The Swinging Sixties

that’s the way to do it.

They think it’s all over !

Thank goodness for that.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOCATIONS, LEGENDS, ICONS, HISTORY AND HERITAGE

Wouldn't it be wonderful if all cities were like Miltyon Keynes. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Milton Keynes were a city.

Time to remember