Stories for kids

 

BOOK NUMBER THIRTY – TWO

Yesterday I published my thirty-second e-book since January on Amazon. THE HISTORY OF CRIME FROM APERSONAL PERSPECTIVE.

Do check it out and see what you think.

When I first published a book it was PETER’S MAGIC FOUNTAIN PEN which I wrote for my son’s twelfth birthday.

I thought my career would develop as a writer for children but not. These days I find this a very hard genre to work within.

Sharing with you my writing from last year, 2020 The Year That Never Was, I wrote something for my son’s two beautiful little girls, my granddaughters.

Book Number: Four

Title: The LonelyGhost

Date of Publication: Sunday 19th April 2020

Genre: Childrens’ Story

Word Total: 17,253


Star Rating: **  (In my humble and arrogant opinion that is !)

We (my wife and I) are regular visitors to The National Trust at Stowe near Buckingham. I just love that amazing parkland garden which was once the home of The Duke of Buckingham. Landscaped by Lancelot Capability Brown and today referred to by The National Trust as: Gardening on a grand scale, the place is littered with folly after folly after folly. High on a hill is The Gothic Folly. It looks sinister and creepy. For a number of years it gave me an idea for a story The Lonely Ghost. It gave me an idea but that idea did not go far beyond the title. Pandemic again. Time on my hands I decided to write a story behind the title and to write it for my two granddaughters Katherine and Frances.

How much fun did I have writing this story ?  I enjoyed the adventure but I am not sure my young granddaughters enjoyed reading it or not, perhaps they were just being polite. They are two lovely, beautiful people.

When we were at Stowe last week an incredibly friendly female Mallard duck came up to us, completely ignoring Doggie Jake, and quacked for something to eat. I did not have my camera ! Damn !  I am taking it with me when we go to Stowe today and I hope she I there again. I have named her Dorothy, Dorothy The Duck. I really would like to try to return to writing for

children with a series of adventures for her.

When I had published Peter’s Magic Fountain Pen I wrote THE WILD ADVENTURES OF DICENTRAL EATING. This I think is one of the best books I have ever written. Yes, it is a book for a child around ten to twelve years of age to read but beyond that it is an adult’s view on a child’s life. I really did enjoy writing that tale. Check it out and see if you like it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOCATIONS, LEGENDS, ICONS, HISTORY AND HERITAGE

Wouldn't it be wonderful if all cities were like Miltyon Keynes. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Milton Keynes were a city.

Time to remember