Good Morning

DAY SIXTY-SIX: Sunday 7th March 2021:

Good morning all you friends reading these words in the year 2121, even good morning to the one or two who will read them in 2021.

SMILE OF THE DAY: When you see something beautiful in someone, tell them. It may take a second to say, but for them it could last a lifetime.

True ?  True in 2021 and it will be true in 2121 so do it !

When you see something beautiful in someone, tell them. It may take a second to say, but for them it could last a lifetime.

Tomorrow the schools go back. My heart bleeds for the teenagers an children whose lives have been ripped apart during the pandemic. I just can not imagine what they are going through. I can not imagine how my generation would have coped, it would not have coped.

Oh how I wish I was a teenager again. Even a teenager today.

 

THREE SCORE YEARS

 

Three score years and ten,

Oh dear I’ve passes my allotted time.

How much longer have I got ?

There is so much I still have left to do.

Do not rush to grow up,

the folly of my youth.

Do not rush to grow up because

a rush to grow up will soon turn to a rush to become old.

Do not rush to grow up.

If only I had taken that advice,

a teenager I still would be.

Three score years and ten.

Sod it ! Wind back the clock

and I’ll do it all again.

 

Poem number thirty. I am getting a bit obsessive with these poems, I know they are rubbish but I can not stop writing the damn things.

This china virus is screwing up my old age. I am tried and I feel weak. It frustrates me that I am not capable of doing what I once could do, But that’s what retirement is all about isn’t it ?

Food ? I nibble and pick at bits and pieces but I do not want to eat. I am turned off from sweet things, I will eat mushrooms, chips and a bit of toast. I don’t even want to eat crisps these days ?  Is that a symptom of growing old ?  Breakfast today will be pancakes. Shrove Tuesday 365 days a year. Perhaps that could be a topic for a new poem !  No that came from my mind and not my heart.

My 4am moment today, four o’clock as I move from sleep to slowly waking, told me to write this. I concur with every word but wonder what others will make of it.

 

MIRROR

 So Man created god in his own image did he ?

A flickering changing image as religion seeks to control this world.

From Henry VIII to the modern-day pontificating vicar,

all would seek to control our souls.

Did god really create Man in his own image ?

If he did what a mess his mirror is.

But that mirror belongs to man,

who created god in his Man’s own image.

In his mirror did King Henry walk upon the water ?

In any mirror has any cleric turned water into wine ?

Religion, the Class A drug heroin of the people

but an addiction now in decline.

You will find that opiate in religion’s mirror, oh yes you will.

There is no heaven and there is no hell.

Within Man’s creation of a god in his own image

there is no heaven and there is no hell.

Whatever there is beyond death,

which is not ultimate, you will not find

any mirror where Man’s created image you will see.

 

That, I guess, will upset a few people but TOUGH LUCK.

I repeatedly complain that our too  little too late government is failing to  respect those who have lost their lives to this satanic virus, I use satanic for a purpose. I complain that the queen is not sending her condolence to families. But where are the pontificating vicars ?  Not that we need them and not that I want them but if they believed what they claim then why re they not reaching out in love to those who are suffering ?

Satanic – perhaps I should write another poem: Satan created man in his own image.

Yesterday another six thousand and forty new cases with one hundred and fifty-eight new cases. Locally thirty more cases and one more death.

These families deserve, these grieving families and loved ones deserve far more than we are giving them.

I published my e-book yesterday THIS HOUSE BELIEVE, a little bit of fun which brings my total of books published since 1st January 2021 to 14. With another 4,979 words written yesterday my total stands at 460,712 words.

Complaining that I feel old and do not have the physical strength I once had we are embarked upon an ambitious project completely redesigning our garden. It was already a biodiverse place with an abundance of suburban wildlife. I want this summer to be able to sit there and write in a beautiful environment where birds and insects pour their inspiration all over me.

Today I have a lot of rubbish from yesterday’s efforts to clear away. We are waiting for a tree surgeon and a fencing contractor to get back with estimates for work I can not possibly do myself. I’ve just had a quick look, five splinters in my right hand with only one in my left. He, He.

Let’s see what was happening ON THIS DAY:

7th March 1950: In the Cold War The Soviet Union issues a statement denying that Klaus Fuchs served as a Soviet spy.

7th March 1951: In the Korean War Operation Riper, United nations tr oops begin an assault against Chinese forces.

7th March 1965: Bloody Sunday. A group of six hundred civil rights marchers is attacked by state and local police in Alabama.

7th March 1968: Vietnam War The USA and South Vietnamese military y begin Operat ion Truong Cong Dign to root out Viet Cong forces from the surrounding area of My Tho.

7th March 1987: The Lievu Massacre. Taiwaneese military massacre nineteen unarmed Vietnamese refugees.

7th March 2009: The Real Irish Republican Army kills two British soldiers and injures two other soldiers and two civilians at Masserene Barracks.

WAR – WAR – WAR !  DEATH – DEATH – DEATH !

Inwriting my story DESTINY’S SERVANT I am running war as a central topic. Not the evil of war but support and love within a family. It begins with World War One, moves to World War Two, then the Korean War and into The Vietnam War. I am not saying but it will have a big twist in the plot at the end of the story.

I had a lot of fun yesterday with IF MUSIC BE THE FOOD OF LOVE PLAY ON and am now half way through the jukebox. It is unlikely I will finish it today but I will give everything my best shot. Realistically Wednesday I am thinking.

Wait until Wednesday then but I will chat tomorrow and again on Tuesday.

See you then

Dave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wouldn't it be wonderful if all cities were like Miltyon Keynes. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Milton Keynes were a city.

Today's edition of Dave's Diary - The diary nobody reads

LOCATIONS, LEGENDS, ICONS, HISTORY AND HERITAGE