BEAUTIFUL - EVIL - GOOD - BAD - UGLY. I am the ugly, read on for the other categories.

DAY THIRTY: Saturday 30th January 2021:

The BEAUTIFUL – THE GOOD – THE BAD and THE THOROUGHLY EVIL !

Shouldn’t there be UGLY in there somewhere ?  I am UGLY so we’ll take that as read shall we ? 

BEAUTIFUL:  Early yesterday I received a phone call from Flowers Care Home where we are sending our SMILE cards and fun quizzes for residents. The lovely lady really gave us all a big hug down the phone which made my day very special.

How many times have I said that the WAVE OF LOVE flows in t wo directions. If you give love, support and kindness t hen you get it back. SMILE AT THE WORLD AND THE WORLD WILL SMILE BACK AT YOU. For all of us who have been SMILING the residents of Flowers care Home SMILED back at us.

SMILE OF THE DAY: Sometimes in life we just need a hug….no words, no advice, just a hug to make you feel you matter.

How many hugs will you give today ?  How many SMILES will you give ?  How many people will you make feel that they matter ?

Can you believe tomorrow is the end of the month ? I will say more later but I am working on the e-book MILTON KEYNES A DISCO FOR A NEW CITY which people will use on their phones. All being well I will be able to submit it for publication tomorrow. Within the text I divert the reader to YouTube to play the music. I am going to experiment with the same idea here on Dave’s Diary.  If you are reading this as a cyber time capsule in centuries to come then this won’t work, no doubt YouTube will be defunct by then but right now let’s have TODAY’S MUSIC MOMENT… go to YouTube and type in; January (2003 Remastered).


Enjoy a GOOD piece of music.

For that e-book MILTON KEYNES A DISCO FOR A NEW CITY I wrote 1,614 words yesterday. I have so far played fifty-four tracks out of seventy-two. I would like to finish the work today but perhaps I am being a bit ambitious. I do want it completed tomorrow so I can have it available before we walk into February.

For THE SECRET DIARY OF AN OLD MAN AGED THIRTEEN AND THREE-QUARTERS I only wrote 433 words. I left the earlier time travel to The Battle of Britain on an emotional note and was having a problem moving on from there to the year 1899 were I am asked to babysit my grandfather. I must get my mind into the right mode today.

For BEHIND THE NOOSE I wrote another 854 words concluding the discussion around the A6 murder and the execution of James Hanratty in 1962. This work is a semi-academic discussion so I hope I did not lose my objectivity and let my personal opinion that James Hanratty was innocent and his execution was a gross miscarriage of justice and a shame on the British justice system. Today I am going to shame the system with the case of Timothy Evans and the execution of the wrong man.

So yesterday in all I penned 4,079 words bringing my total sine 1st January 2021 to 255,821.

I am confident I will achieve my record breaking attempt but getting into The Guinness Book of Records is not important to me unless it means I could sell lots of the books I write and use the money to spread even more SMILES. Talking with Amazon Publishing I have said that 100 sales a day would be good and would actually cover what I am currently spending within the SMILE programme. 1,000 a day would enable a significant development of love.

Anyway………………

ON THIS DAY:

30th January 1956: The African-American civil rights movement leader Martin Luther King’s home is bombed.

30th January 1969: The Beatles last public performance on the roof of Apple Records.

30th January 1972: Bloody Sunday. British paratroopers open fire on anti-internment marchers in Derry killing thirteen people.

30th January 1951: Phil Collings singer-songwriter and producer born.

30th January 1951 Ferdinand Porsche founder of Porsche died. He was born in 1875.

30th January 1958: Ernst Heinkel founder of Heinkel Aircraft died. He was born in 1888

Yesterday there were another 29,079 new cases of the china virus but AGAIN the figure for


those who have died has not been revealed. That is so BAD. Disrespectful to all concerned and leading people to believe the government is manipulating the figures. Perhaps they are, perhaps they are not but with the week-end now upon us the bean counters will not be working leaving the country in a state of ignorance and painting those who are grieving with disrespect. BAD.

The way the dictatorship of the European Union has been behaving is actually evil but I want to save that word for something later so will stick to BAD. The European Disunion, the world’s number one dictatorship and denier of democracy is showing its colours. I so much hope in centuries to come when this cyber time capsule is opened it will have been long defunct.

So what am I reserving the word EVIL for ?  Cannon – Cannon Printers – You know their

slogan – ONLY CANNON CAN’T !  My printer is, or should I say, was an evil extension of the geek minds who designed it. The damn contraption will, or would, do anything save print efficiently a document. Not that I drink alcohol, I don’t, but its ink costs more per volume that the most expensive champagne in  the world. The machine lies by telling you the ink has almost run out when a minimum of fifty more print pages are possible. However, this evil contraption is central to our SMILES campaign. Without it I can not print SMILE cards, letters, quiz sheets and so on. It had been playing up for a few days then yesterday refused to work. It told me to go to the help centre, which I did and there found a BLANK PAGE.

Cannon Printers – EVIL !  Well my Cannon EVIL is now dead. I gave it a punch which Mohammed Ali would have been proud of and split its evil into several pieces. I now await the GOOD of Amazon to deliver a replacement.

A couple of times during the week I received spam phone calls from organised criminals trying to get me to part with bank details in order to buy phony on-line investments. The callers could not speak English properly although the number showed up as being from London.  Yesterday I received two recorded calls from the same number claiming to be from HM Revenue and Customs. Modern technology allows criminals to generate a false number to appear on the receiver’s phone while the caller hides anywhere in the world. Probably china !

Where did the criminals get my details from ?  My name ?  My number ?  Obviously BT has such but I do not believe responsibility rests there.  My bank has the details but I do not believe they sold them to organised criminals. Microsoft, Google and Facebook have such for recovery passwords. I REST MY CASE !

The beautiful, the good, the bad, the evil and the ugly.  I am the ugly. Let me end today’s page with what matters the BEAUTIFUL and share again SMILE of the day.

SMILE OF THE DAY: Sometimes in life we just need a hug….no words, no advice, just a hug to make you feel you matter.

So that ends today, the penultimate day of January 2021. Tomorrow will be the ultimate day. Speak again then.

Dave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOCATIONS, LEGENDS, ICONS, HISTORY AND HERITAGE

Today's edition of Dave's Diary - The diary nobody reads

Wouldn't it be wonderful if all cities were like Miltyon Keynes. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Milton Keynes were a city.